tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Kühn <Stephan.Ku...@Voicetrust.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.X & SSL config
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:42:47 GMT
HI,

i similar the same problem, I whant to setup server based ssl auth, but when i try to configure
vew the webgui the hhtps conntector, tomcat will not start anymore.  Can cou give me your
server.xml file, so ican compair eit whith my one ?

-----Original Message-----
From: POLO ARAUJO, JAVIER [mailto:javier.polo@madrid.org]
Sent: Freitag, 30. Juli 2004 10:26
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat 5.X & SSL config

Hi! I have a problem when triying to configure Tomcat 5.X (under windows XP) to handle SSL
and digital certificate. I have a server certificate (it's valid), so I just import it to
my keystore and follow the instructions to modify the file server.xml (just change the keystoreFile,
keystorePass and clientAuth). The problem is that, when I access to http://localhost:8443,
the box where I can choose my client certificate pops up empty (I have a valid client certificate
in my browser) so I can't choose my client browser.

First, I though it was a browser's config problem but using mozilla happends the same thing.
The most curious thing is that, with the same keystore and using other app-server (Oracle's
OC4J) it works fine (I can choose my client certificate), so I think it's a Tomcat problem,
but I don't know what!

Thanks a lot,

Javier Polo.