tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tonte Pouncil" <Ton...@imc2.com>
Subject RE: Need help with Log4j and Tomcat5
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:50:28 GMT
So you have different log4j jar files?  If so why, why not just use one?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Harrelson [mailto:brooksharrelson@cs.com]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 9:37 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Need help with Log4j and Tomcat5

This works fine for me under Tomcat, and works well for multiple
applications (jars in each WEB-INF/lib, props files in each /class).
However, when I try to do the same under Eclipse, I get
classNotFound for log4j.jar unless I put the jars (in each WEB-
INF/lib) explicitly into the Eclipse run/debug classpath, in which case
it only picks up the first jar and I only get one logger.

Has anybody else run into this?  Anybody have any idea what to do
next?

TIA,

Bill

Send reply to:      "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>