tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aris Javier" <ajav...@eazix.com>
Subject RE: Java Class is not compiling
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:51:15 GMT
You should download j2sdkee version or the enterprise version of
java..

=)

-----Original Message-----
From: Nitschke Michael [mailto:mnitschke@mbi.co.at]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 3:30 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Java Class is not compiling

It seams you are new to Java too.
The error messages say that the compiler could not find the jar file
javax.jar, or servlet.jar depends on your java version. The package
statement at the first line is necessary to group java classes in
domains that have the same functionality or fit tematiclly together.
Like
com.company.database  // all database relevant classes
com.company.gui		// all gui relevant classes.

Furthermore i would recommend that you read a javabook or take the java
trial at java.sun.com, it imparts the basics of java and some higher
approaches.

mfg
Michael Nitschke