tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: How do you set cache-control for static (gif, jpg) resources
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:20:26 GMT

Hi,
You have to call chain.doFilter from inside your filter or the request
doesn't get processed.  If you set the header before the call to
chain.doFilter, than you're doing it during the request chain.  If you
set the header after the call to chain.doFilter, then you're doing it
during the response chain.  In your case the latter is what you want, so
after the chain.doFilter call.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

resources