tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Getting a handle to a Container/Catalina/Embedded instance
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:54:42 GMT

Hi,
Sure, in a couple of ways.  One is to use the Catalina code, starting
with:
Server server = ServerFactory.getServer();
You can then cast to StandardServer, crawl down the hierarchy to
Service, Engine, Host, Connector, Context, etc, and call methods on each
in turn as you need.  Server and ServerFactory are in
org.apache.catalina, so your code would need to import those classes and
run in a classloader that sees them.

The other way is using JMX.  Not all the operations and attributes are
exposed via JMX, but most are.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

Container/Engine
>component, and then start it - thus not having to restart Tomcat
completely
>when a new host is added.
>
>Am I looking in the correct places/going in the right direction here?
Or