tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade TC5
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:55:58 GMT

Hola,
Without knowing the cause of your memory leak, it's hard to tell whether
an upgrade will help.  That said, it's usually a good idea to use the
latest stable version of any given product, especially if you test it
beforehand with your application.

As for the service upgrade process: I'm not sure (not a Windows service
expert), but I think you can install multiple copies of Tomcat as a
service as long as you give the service a different name and install it
to a different directory on the hard drive.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

configuration?
>Since TC is installed as a MS service we suspect that the current
>configuration will need to be uninstalled in order to remove it as a
>service and the new TC version installed and our existing
configurations