tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk
Subject RE: How to "start" a web app?
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:44:23 GMT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Mike Curwen

    Michael, my email was specifically in reply to
    David.Pawson's.

    Sarcasm aside, it's an interesting thought process you must
    have gone through to start off with  "Right", and then
    proceed to point out how it's wrong.

    The point I was attempting to make is that there is nothing
    wrong with the docs, and that they are not missing
    "Essential Information".  Unless someone can tell me how
    the 3rd bullet on the docs I linked to allows a person to
    infer "recursion", I don't think the docs need changing.

I don't believe I mentioned recursion?
  I asked if context 'fred' should be sought within webapps
(as webapps/fred) or within (webapps/ROOT/fred).

I don't see that as recursion?

    Perhaps it's the use of 'subdirectory'. If it was changed
    to read "Any directory within the Application Base
    directory", would that avoid this miscomprehension?

I'm sorry Mike, I've lost the link you sent.
If 'Application Base directory' is clearly defined as webapps,
then tc searching within that would make sense.
Its the presence of ROOT directory then that becomes odd?
I'm used to thinking in terms of trees (xml background) hence
I made a 'wrong' assumption that it was the base of all contexts.
  Is that as daft as it sounds?

regards DaveP

** snip here **

--