tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject RE: Proxy settings for Tomcat's JVM
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:29:18 GMT

If you want to use JAVA_OPTS with a windows service you'll need to make registry edits. I'm
not sure of the exact keys. I believe there is a tool that can configure it though.

If you start it on the command line then it will obey your environment variable or can be
set in catalina.sh or catalina.bat

Ta
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Sasha Borodin [mailto:sasha@whoissasha.com]
Sent: 29 July 2004 17:26
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Proxy settings for Tomcat's JVM

Let me state the question in a more general way:

If you wanted to pass JVM arguments, where would you do it?  Does the
Tomcat5 NT service use the JAVA_OPTS environment variable?  Has anyone had
success using deployment.properties:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/deployment/deployment-guide/proper
ties.html

Thanks,