tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Koon Yue Lam <kisst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5 Context problem
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 07:56:32 GMT
yes, I agree with u because I have notice this from Tomcat doc

and I know from the mailing-list that some poeple are having problem
when they put the extra context in server.xml. Since once u do this,
Tomcat 5 (but NOT 4.X) will create a XXX.xml file under
conf/engine/host/. XXX is the name of the web app and it contains just
one <Context> element that reflects the extra <Context> in server.xml.

Since you need to restart Tomcat if u modify server.xml, but if the
context is place under /conf/engine/host, Tomcat will dynamically
depoly and load the new webapp without restart

Seems so nice~~ and the problem comes when u delete the context in
server.xml, Tomcat WON'T delete the context file in /conf/engine/host.
Which cause an incomplete undepoly.

I don't think this is a bug but just a feature that we need to know.

So the best way to put your context is in
TOMCAT_HOME/webapp/your_web_app/META_INF/
according to Tomcat doc.

great to discuss with u guys, ^^

Regards