tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Williams, Bret M." <X2BMW...@SOUTHERNCO.COM>
Subject RE: sendRedirect not working same after upgrade to 5...26
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:28:30 GMT
It works fine in 3.3.a.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
	Sent: Thu 7/29/2004 8:21 AM
	To: Williams, Bret M.
	Subject: RE: sendRedirect not working same after upgrade to 5...26

	Hi,
	I'll look at this if I have time.  Can you try Tomcat 3.3.x?  That has
	the same HTTP Connector as Tomcat 5, so the behavior should be the same.
	If it also breaks in Tomcat 3.3.x, that'd be helpful for us to narrow
	down the code location.

	Yoav Shapira
	Millennium Research Informatics

	The
	>fact that Tomcat 3.2.1 works makes me think it's a Tomcat bug. What do
	you
	>think?
	>
	>       I attached my simple little test servlets. There's a test.pdf
	file in
	>the .jar that is used for the servlet output. Its location is hardcoded
	>c:\test.pdf in the TestPDFOutputServlet.
	>
	>       Thanks, Bret.

	In

	>       Tomcat 5
	>
	>       >when I tried to redirect to a servlet whose output contenttype
	was

	>       ><text/plain> or <application/pdf> I would get a blank page and
	be

	>       forced
	>
	>       >to refresh from the browser to see the results. I can get it to
	work

	>       with
	>
	>       >forward(req,res), but forward() doesn't register in the
	browser. Any

	>       help
	>
	>       >would be appreciated.
	>
	>       >
	>
	>       >If this is a problem that has been discussed to death - sorry -
	the

	>       >company I work for blocks me accessing the Tomcat-user
	Archives.

	tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

	>       This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential
	business
	>proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the
	>printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an)
	intended