tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Williams, Bret M." <X2BMW...@SOUTHERNCO.COM>
Subject sendRedirect not working same after upgrade to 5...26
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:03:44 GMT
Hi,
I recently upgraded from Tomcat 3.2.1 to 5.xxx and noticed that sendRedirect() did not work
the same between the two versions.  In Tomcat 5 when I tried to redirect to a servlet whose
output contenttype was <text/plain>  or <application/pdf> I would get a blank
page and be forced to refresh from the browser to see the results.  I can get it to work with
forward(req,res), but forward() doesn't register in the browser.  Any help would be appreciated.

If this is a problem that has been discussed to death - sorry  - the company I work for blocks
me accessing the Tomcat-user Archives.

Thanks, Bret