tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luc Foisy" <Luc.Fo...@technical-magic.com>
Subject RE: Progamatically setting values of FORM elements
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:40:30 GMT
>From the responses, I am guessing there is not a way to do this with only the Servlet API?

I am not currently using struts and learning to use them, implementing them at this time,
I think would be too much of a headache.
I'll have to find an alternate solution that fits into our own framework.

Thanks...

-----Original Message-----
From: Luc Foisy
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 1:10 PM
To: Tomcat User List (E-mail)
Subject: Progamatically setting values of FORM elements

Is there any way I can have my java set the values of FORM elements.
Rather than storing the values in the java code and generating the complete form element containing
that value.

Something like adding something to the response that will give that item a value.

For my particular need, I want to set a number of checkbox elements on or off. I do have the
ability to predict the element names...