tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Iván Escobedo <iescob...@nacion.co.cr>
Subject RE: Problem with jdbc:odbc in Tomcat 5.025
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:59:06 GMT
Jajaja, ok Wade and Robert, thanks for your help

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Wade Chandler [mailto:wchandler@redesetgrow.com]
Enviado el: Miércoles, 21 de Julio de 2004 03:50 p.m.
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: Re: Problem with jdbc:odbc in Tomcat 5.025

Iván Escobedo wrote:
> Ok, something happened after i started the Tomcat 5.0.27 in standalone, 'cause now i
start it in service mode and now it works.  What the...?
> I really don't know what happened, i just now that now it works.
>
> Any insights?

in Windows is that the program must know it's a service and log into and network drives or
data bases itself.  Do you have your data source set to read a file on a networked drive?

> Bob
>

> On Wednesday 21 July 2004 04:30 pm, Iván Escobedo wrote:
>
>>Yes Wade, I started Tomcat 5.1 as a standalone and it works, could it
>>be that the service doesnn't load some jars? Another thing you have to
>>know is that the app is accesing a System DNS .

I don't have any real idea other than maybe there was a file that tomcat probably was not
able to create...one that may have been created by running it in standalone mode.

Maybe it wasn't able to create a certain temp file or what ever under it's own working directories
and somehow that caused it to pass invalid info to the underlying odbc driver.

That's about the only thing I can think of.  Since you ran it as the your user and created
a file it may have then been able to read it though it wasn't able to create it.

I would have to see all the code in tomcat and the code inside of the jdbc odbc bridge classes
and trace down in it to be sure, but usually it is something like that when it comes to security
and an app working after running it as another user with more privileges.

One thing is for sure...it wasn't magic...just allusive.  ;-)

Wade