tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josef Henryson <>
Subject UnsatisfiedLinkError - JNI
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 19:03:54 GMT

I get an UnsatisfiedLinkError when trying to System.loadLibrary("foo")
from a class instantiated within a Servlet. The library libFoo.jnilib
is in a folder within java.library.path and the class loading it is
inside a JAR in $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib. Beside the JNI library is a
native library libBar.dylib.

I'm running Tomcat 5.0.25 on Mac OS X 10.3.4

Here's the exception:

	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(
	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(
	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(

I have tried loading the library from a small Java application outside
the Tomcat server and it works fine when all classes/libraries are
within the same folder.

Of course I have searched for a solution on Google and I have also
search old entries on this list (in an archive on a website) but there
just don't seem to be a solution available out there... =(

Anyone that have a clue? I would be VERY thankful =)

Josef Henryson