tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject Accept Headers
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:53:35 GMT

Hi all

Using Tomcat 4.1.18 on Solaris 8.

Send a POST to tomcat with no Accept header and the content type returned by
the application is application/vnd.wap.mms-message

Now tomcat generates a HTTP 406 response to this case. Is this correct? From
the HTTP specification it says the following about the Accept header...

"If no Accept header field is present, then it is assumed that the
   client accepts all media types. If an Accept header field is present,
   and if the server cannot send a response which is acceptable
   according to the combined Accept field value, then the server SHOULD
   send a 406 (not acceptable) response."

In this case we have NOT send the header. If I add the accept header it
works OK.

Thanks for any help on this...

Donie