tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "LINGALA, AMARESHWAR G (SBCSI)" <al3...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: Failed to start application. But why?
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:52:04 GMT

 Well it says it cant read the file

Jul 27, 2004 1:45:49 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer
install
INFO: Installing web application at context path /SSBilling from URL
file:/appl/aaa/tomcat/webapps/SSBilling
Jul 27, 2004 1:45:49 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
resourcesStart
SEVERE: Error starting static Resources
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
/appl/aaa/tomcat/webapps/SSBilling does not exist or is not a readable
direc
tory
        at
org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setDocBase(FileDirContext.jav
a:185)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.resourcesStart(StandardContext.
java:3858)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4085
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.ja
va:866)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:850)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:638)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeploy
er.java:320)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:875)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:657)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:476)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1008)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:39
4)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSu
pport.java:166)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1133)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:832)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1125)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:518)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:519)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2345)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:598)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:297)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:398)
Jul 27, 2004 1:45:49 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error in resourceStart()
Jul 27, 2004 1:45:49 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

 But I did change the file permisions to CHMOD 777.

 Below are the file and war file details

 -rwxrwxrwx   1 aaaaaaa    aaa              0 Jul 27 10:54 SSBilling
 -rwxrwxrwx   1 aaaaaaa    aaa        3217335 Jul 27 13:08 SSBilling.war

 Let me know if you need any more information

 Amar