tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Birt, Jeffrey" <bi...@umr.edu>
Subject RE: Newbie question: Error 503 Service Temp. Unavailable
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:59:31 GMT
Arrgg!!!! Still no luck.  This is a copy of my error log.  I still can't seem to get Apache2
and Tomcat 5 to work together.  I tried creating an emty file called jk2.socket in /opt/tomcat/work.
 When Apache starts jk2.shm is created and the jk2.socket file I created disappeared.  This
error report looks like the unix socket is not being created but I don't know why.  BTW, I
added a group and user called tomcat and made tomcat owner of opt/tomcat and added the user
apache to the tomcat group.  AFAIK this should give Apache appropriate permissions to the
needed files in teh tomcaat folders.  My jk2.properties file etc are listed with the original
post.

Any other ideas guys?

Thanks,

Jeff_Birt

[Thu Jul 08 14:48:04 2004] [error] channelUn.connect() connect failed 2 No such file or directory
[Thu Jul 08 14:48:04 2004] [error] ajp13.connect() failed ajp13:/opt/tomcat/work/jk2.socket
[Thu Jul 08 14:48:04 2004] [error] ajp13.service() failed to connect endpoint errno=2 No such
file or directory
[Thu Jul 08 14:48:04 2004] [error] ajp13.service() Error  forwarding ajp13:/opt/tomcat/work/jk2.socket
1 1
[Thu Jul 08 14:48:04 2004] [error] lb.service() worker failed 120000 for ajp13:/opt/tomcat/work/jk2.socket
[Thu Jul 08 14:48:04 2004] [error] lb_worker.service() all workers in error or disabled state
[Thu Jul 08 14:48:04 2004] [error] mod_jk2.handler() Error connecting to tomcat 120000, status
503