tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "BONUCHI, MICHAEL ROGER (SBCSI)" <mb6...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: Can't Login as Admin or manager
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:34:35 GMT
Hello Aman,

By the way, I have a second Tomcat instance on this Win2K laptop.  Of course, I only run one
at a time.  The other Tomcat instance, the one outside of the Sun/NetBeans directory, works
fine.  I can login as admin or manager without error.  Here's my tomcat-users.xml for the
one that will not let me login:

<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <role rolename="user"/>
  <user name="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat" />
  <user name="roger"  password="jake" roles="manager,admin,user,tomcat" />
</tomcat-users>

-Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: Aman Raheja [mailto:araheja@techquotes.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 07:29 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Can't Login as Admin or manager

Allow us to see your tomcat-users.xml file.
Regards

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 17:20, BONUCHI, MICHAEL ROGER (SBCSI) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	I just setup Tomcat 5.019 as part of the NetBeans 3.6/Sun JDK 1.4x package.  At first
I was able to login as manager and admin, after an edit to the tomcat-users.xml file.  Now,
after apparently using the wrong ID or password to login, I can not get back in no matter
what I do with the tomcat-users.xml file.  It looks like there's some password administration
that has locked me out.  I've searched high and low in Tomcat doc and can not find a way out
of this.  Short of a re-installation, what the secrete that I do not know?

> Thank you in advance,
> -Roger

Aman Raheja		      CompTIA Linux+ Certified
araheja@techquotes.com	      Brainbench Certified Linux (General) Admin
www.TechQuotes.com	      Brainbench Certified Linux (RedHat 9) Admin