tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Trond Hersløv <>
Subject HttpSession
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 07:31:10 GMT
What do I have to do if want to use a modified HttpSession class? Can I do
one of the following:
Hope I don't have to do it this way:
1) extract $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib/servlet-api.jar
2) decompile HttpSession.class -->
3) make my modifications on and compile -->
4) build a new servlet-api.jar containing the modified HttpSession.class
instead of the original one.
It would be nice if this was possible.
1) create a new class MyHttpSession which extends HttpSession
2) add my extra funcionality to MyHttpSession.
3) compile MyHttpSession --> MyHttpSession.class and putt it into
4)The big QUESTION: How do I config tomcat to use MyHttpSession.class
instead of HttpSession.
Thanks in advance

This email message has been swept by