tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hiroshi Iwatani <HGA03...@nifty.ne.jp>
Subject Re: Invoking a servlet from the browser
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:34:41 GMT

Julian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to tomcat and jsp. Tomcat 5 seems to be working and I can
> sucessfully invoke jsp files. No problems there.
>
> I want to invoke a servlet by typing the url into a browser and I can't
> seem to manage it. Firstly, where do I put my servlets? Do I put them in
> [install_dir]/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes
Yes.
And enable invoker servlet in the [install_dir]/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml
file by uncommenting the relevant entry.
If you done this, URL is
http://localhost:8080/servlet/YourServlet

Or, make <servlet> and <servlet-mapping> entries for your servlet
in [install_dir]/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml file.
URL should be
http://localhost:8080/YourMappedUrl

  or somewhere else?

> Many thanks
> Julian

Hiroshi Iwatani

*stop cruelty* Annual number of institutionally euthanized cats and dogs
including kittens and puppies: US 5 million, JP 500 thousand. How about your
country? *for our better karma*