tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: Ant DeployTask / InstallTask
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2004 05:06:36 GMT
Hello Christian,

please read the manager app documentation for Tomcat 5 to explain all
deploy parameter.

Here my ant task for remote (war) and local deployment:

Here my build.properties

server.url=http://localhost:7380
app.name=myapps
app.path=/${app.name}
app.version=1.0-dev
app.url=${server.url}/${app.name}/
app.home=${basedir}/build/${app.name}.war
app.context=${basedir}/tomcat/${app.name}.xml
manager.username=manager
manager.password=tomcat
manager.url=${server.url}/manager

    <target name="deployremote" description="Install application to
servlet container">
        <echo message="${app.path}"/>
        <echo message="${app.home}"/>
        <deploy url="${manager.url}" username="${manager.username}"
                password="${manager.password}"
                path="${app.path}"
                war="file:${app.home}"
                update="true"/>
    </target>
    <target name="deploylocal" description="Install application to
servlet container">
        <echo message="${app.path}"/>
        <echo message="${app.context}"/>
        <echo message="${app.home}"/>
        <deploy url="${manager.url}" username="${manager.username}"
password="${manager.password}"
                path="${app.path}"
                localWar="file:${app.home}"
                config="file:${app.context}" />
    </target>
    <target name="undeploy" description="Remove application on servlet
container">
        <undeploy url="${manager.url}" username="${manager.username}"
password="${manager.password}" path="${app.path}"/>
    </target>

You see that file:<absolute-path>/${app.name}.war or
file:<absoulte>/${app.name}.war work for me.
Only thing is, that you need a undeploy call for local deployment. A
update flag not exists. I hope
we can change this for 5.next.

regards
peter