tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Schalk Neethling <sch...@volume4.co.za>
Subject Re: Progamatically setting values of FORM elements
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:33:59 GMT
What is the reason for not wanting to use web.xml?

Luc Foisy wrote:

>No concept of HTML. But it does have concept of parameters. When you submit a form, the
form contents are placed in a parameter. (in ServletRequest)
>There is no way that I know of to do the reverse, set those parameters on the response
and it will apply to the form elements.
>The browser stores the element values somewhere, just thought it might have been floating
around somewhere I could get it.

>I thought someone would know something I did not.

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email:schalk@volume4.co.za
web: www.volume4.co.za

This message contains information that is considered to be sensitive or confidential and may
not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party without the permission of the sender. If
you received this message in error, please notify me immediately so that I can correct and
delete the original email. Thank you.