tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Caroline J Tanneberger <caroline.tanneber...@informatik.uni-ulm.de>
Subject jdbc and tomcat
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:48:36 GMT
Hello,
I have got a problem with my Servlet which uses a JDBC database
connection to a Ms SQL Server
There is a  getConnection command that should be executed. But this
command fails and throws the exception with description:
[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC] Unable to connect. Invalid
URL. is thrown. I dont know, what went wrong. Why cant the driver be
found, although I have all driver jars in my classpath and also in the
lib folder in the WEB_INF folder of the corresponding Addressbook-webapp
in Tomcat?
also I have another problem:
Except of the SQL Errors there are other parsing errors , starting with
SEVERE... while tomcat is starting up, which I cannot identify. . The
message is:  The end-tag for element type "context-param" must end with
a '>' delimiter.
First of all, all my tags of the  application ended in  '>' and
secondly  I removed the  Webapplication folder  for  the  specific
webapp  that  was  using  a web.xml with context-params and replaced it
with another webapp which has all its configuration parameters
hard-wired in the code.
Also I removed the Context file of the former webapp from
conf\Catalina\localhost, but still it exists somewhere and causes errors.
Then I tried to clean them up by making a new installation of Tomcat,
but I couldn't uninstall the old one.
Maybe you have an idea. Help!
thanx, Caroline