tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kumar <sunit...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Unable to deploy a JSP from tomcat
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:19:00 GMT
Also, looking at documentation at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

It says, CLASSPATH is ignored. And, tools.jar should have been loaded?

    * System - This class loader is normally initialized from the
      contents of the CLASSPATH environment variable. All such classes
      are visible to both Tomcat internal classes, and to web
      applications. However, the standard Tomcat 4 startup scripts
      ($CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh or
      %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina.bat) totally ignore the contents of
      the CLASSPATH environment variable itself, and instead build the
      System class loader from the following repositories:
          o $CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar - Contains the main()
            method that is used to initialize the Tomcat 4 server, and
            the class loader implementation classes it depends on.
          o $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar - Contains the "javac" compiler
            used to convert JSP pages into servlet classes.

--
Sunitha Kumar
http://www.cisco.com