tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Dai <ddai...@ddai.net>
Subject Re: JVM memory size changing dramatically
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:36:55 GMT
Can't remember where I read it but it's something like this on
NT/2k/XP/2k3 family:

Windows is using the physical memory as cache to cache the real app
image in the swap file. So if your app has been idle for a while, it's
very likely to be swap out of the physical memory. This is regardless of
how much physical memory you have.

Interesting approach but sometimes annoying.

--
Dennis Dai
ddai@ddai.net