tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Allen <e...@svallens.com>
Subject disable URL rewriting for session tracking
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:34:53 GMT
I need to somehow disable URL rewriting for session tracking in my
application. My designer uses <a:href tags all over and I don't want to
change that, so I'm stuck with cookies. The problem is, tomcat doesn't
appear to have any way of saying "if the user doesn't accept the session
cookie, throw an exception" or something. I need a way to not allow the
user to login if they do not support cookies. I am using Tomcat 5.0.18
and Struts 1.1. I am willing to come up with some kind of work around,
but I can't find a way to hook into the low-level session handling stuff.