tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat Datasource -- please help..
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:59:20 GMT
Hi.  I see a couple of things different from my working setup in your
setup below.

First: You need a tag as below just before the
<ResourceParams...</ResourceParams> block:

<Resource name="jdbc/prototypedb"  auth="container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

Second, and this might not be a show stopper, change the driverClassName
parameter in your <ResourceParams....</ResourceParams> block to
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver unless you really are using a version 2 mysql jar
file.  MySQL/J versions 3.0.x and up switched to com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
as the primary JDBC driver.

Third, and this isn't in your email, where is your mysql jar file?
Ideally, it should be in common/lib with the dbcp jar file.  If you've
changed the location of the mysql jar file, you'll have to restart
Tomcat.  Otherwise reloading the app will probably be sufficient to make
the changes live.

--David