tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Keep session when going to a secure server
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:42:10 GMT
WADI (wadi.codehaus.org) is able to transparently migrate the sessions
of a distributable webapp to the node on which a relevant request lands,
so would be of use to you here.

If you are using cookies, then you may find that your browser refuses to
send the same cookie to both servers if it thinks that they are in
different cookie domains. If you are using url rewriting, this should
not be a problem....

What you are doing on the secure server that might affect the session
and whether the result will be transferrable back to the rest of the
cluster is up to you.

The doc currently available with WADI is not pitched at this sort of
usage, and assumes quite a deep understanding of issues surrounding
httpsessions and state management, so if you need more help please join
the user list and ask lots of questions.

Finally, before you invest time in finding a solution to this problem,
you should revisit your original architecture and ask yourself whether
you really need to move sessions around like this - it sounds like you
are making life difficult for yourself.

Jules

--
  * Jules Gosnell