tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan <jonat...@fuseware.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Webbapps, single login.jsp??
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:35:01 GMT
I've got some roles setup, and I'm able to restrict access based on
them, but I guess my question is a step back from that.....

When a user hits www.mydomain.com, I want them to get the normal page
with a top nav.
When a user hits www.mydomain/forums I want them to get a login page
with the same nav.
When a user hits www.mydomain/gallery I want them to get the same login
page as before (if they didn't login).

Problem is, I'm not sure where to put the login page so that both
webapps (/forums & /gallery) can share it.  Again, I could just be
thinking about this wrong.

I'm also not sure how to include a "global" navbar acrossed all webapps
either.

Obviously, I'm pretty new to Tomcat, but so far I've found doing the
hard stuff (full apps with struts, JSF, etc) is actually well documented
and easy to follow, but doing "normal" easy stuff like a single login
page for a multi-app site, or a global navbar seems to not be written
down anywhere.  :)

Or maybe I'm just missing something obvious. (which is probably the case)

- Jonathan