tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Schalk Neethling <sch...@volume4.co.za>
Subject Re: Multiple Webbapps, single login.jsp??
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:26:36 GMT
Jonathan

You can probably do this by giving each user a specific role that will
allow him/her access to only certain areas and when logging in determine
the user's role and authorization right and forward them to the
appropriate webapp. I do this with my client portal to ensure a client
only gets access to their data and not someone else's.

HTH

Jonathan wrote:

> Is it possible to use a single login.jsp for multiple webapps?
>
> Basically I have a V-Domain setup using /www/mydomain.com/ as it's
> docroot.
> I want to deploy multiple web apps (forums app, image gallery, etc)
> and secure some of them using form based authentication.
>
> I understand most of the configuration, but I would really like to use
> a single login.jsp.
> These are all part of one big website.  I have single signon enabled,
> but I down't want to have to write the same exact login.jsp for each
> webapp since the login.jsp will contain a bunch of stuff (menus and
> such).
>
> Does anyone know how to do this, or am i just going about organizing
> the website/webapps wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Jonathan

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email:schalk@volume4.co.za
web: www.volume4.co.za

This message contains information that is considered to be sensitive or confidential and may
not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party without the permission of the sender. If
you received this message in error, please notify me immediately so that I can correct and
delete the original email. Thank you.