tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Echerer <m...@tngtech.com>
Subject Is the Tomcat5 documentation correct for this?
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:16:29 GMT
Hi,

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/context.html

says:

"Pathname to a scratch directory to be provided by this Context for
temporary read-write use by servlets within the associated web
application. This directory will be made visible to servlets in the web
application by a servlet context attribute (of type java.io.File) named
javax.servlet.context.tempdir as described in the Servlet Specification.
If not specified, a suitable directory underneath $CATALINA_HOME/work
will be provided."

I have a setup where I have multiple Tomcat instances using the same
$CATALINA_HOME, but each get's a different $CATALINA_BASE set on startup.

For each Tomcat instance I have a work directory below $CATALINA_BASE,
not a combined one for all instances in my binaries CATALINA_HOME.
I doubt it would work if \work\Catalina\localhost has e.g. the temp jsp
class files of all Tomcat instances.

So I guess it must be:

"If not specified, a suitable directory underneath $CATALINA_BASE/work
will be provided."

Greetings
Michael