tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Henri Sivonen <hsivo...@iki.fi>
Subject Class loading problem with Sysdeo Tomcat Eclipse plug-in
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:07:29 GMT
I'm trying to launch Tomcat 4.1.30 from Eclipse 3.0 using the Sysdeo
plug-in (3.0beta). So far, I haven't succeeded.

According to the docs, it is enough to give the plug-in the path to the
Tomcat installation directory and it is not necessary to add the Tomcat
jars explicitly to the classpath. However, the class loader doesn't find
the Tomcat bootstrap class.

If I add all the jars in the Tomcat installation subdirectories to the
bootstrap classpath of the plug-in, the classes are found, but they are
loaded by the bootstrap classloader (I suppose) which is represented as
null in Sun's JDK 1.4.2 on Windows XP. Hence, the commons-digester code
that assumes the classloader it lives under is non-null crashes.

I see the following message in the Eclipse log:
!MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: com_sysdeo_eclipse_tomcat_actionSet

I think I have followed the instructions given in
http://www.eclipsetotale.com/articles/tomcat/tomcatPluginDocFR.html

What should I do to get the classes loaded using a classloader that is
not represented as null?

(Is there another mailing list that would be more appropriate for
discussing the Sysdeo plug-in?)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi