tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert F. Hall" <rfh...@berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: Limit time for Database connection
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 00:11:06 GMT
Elisabeth,

Nobody has responded to your question (that I've seen), so I'll "take a
shot".

This sounds like a network issue, and network connection failures have
to "time out"
before they fail.  Using a timed separate thread to obtain the
connections for the pool
occurs to me; if the connection thread doesn't return in a certain
amount of time the
parent thread could throw an Exception.

Has anybody tired something along these lines?  Is this suggestion way
off base?

Regards,
Robert