tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: How do you shut down tomcat when using JSVC?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:26:42 GMT
Unless you got it pre-built from somewhere it should be there.  It's in 
the jsvc source tree under src/native/unix/native/Tomcat5.sh.  A copy of 
the jsvc source tree comes with tomcat as jsvc.tar.gz in the tomcat/bin 
directory.

--David

Ivan Jouikov wrote:

>No script came with jsvc...  There's an executable called "jsvc" but it's not a script.
>
>  
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: David Smith [mailto:dns4@cornell.edu]
>>Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 6:42 AM
>>To: Tomcat Users List
>>Subject: Re: How do you shut down tomcat when using JSVC?
>>
>>Are you using the script that came with jsvc to launch it?  If so,
>>starting is done with 'tomcat5 start' and shutdown with 'tomcat5 stop'.
>>If you fully installed this as a service by putting the tomcat5 script
>>in /etc/init.d, then a simple 'service tomcat5 start' will start and
>>'service tomcat5 stop' as root will stop it.
>>
>>If you aren't using the tomcat5 script, take a look at it in the source
>>dist for how to stop tomcat.  I believe the script just does a kill on
>>the jsvc tomcat process.  Not the prettiest way of doing things, but it
>>works.
>>
>>--David
>>
>>Ivan Jouikov wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Hey everyone!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>I am using JSVC to start up tomcat and run it as “tomcat5” user.  It
>>>seems to work fine.  However, there’s one problem – I can’t shut it
>>>      
>>>
>>down.
>>    
>>
>>>
>>>If I use shutdown.sh, it gives me an exception saying that connection
>>>was refused.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>If I start tomcat using startup.sh instead of jsvc, everything works
>>>just fine.  So, how do you shut down your tomcat daemon when using jsvc?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>Best Regards,
>>>
>>>Ivan V. Jouikov
>>>(206) 228-6670
>>><http://www.ablogic.net/>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>---
>>>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
>>>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
>>>Version: 6.0.716 / Virus Database: 472 - Release Date: 05.07.2004
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>>---
>>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
>>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
>>Version: 6.0.716 / Virus Database: 472 - Release Date: 05.07.2004
>>
>>    
>>
>
>---
>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
>Version: 6.0.716 / Virus Database: 472 - Release Date: 05.07.2004
> 
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>  
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message