tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: How do you shut down tomcat when using JSVC?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:41:51 GMT
Are you using the script that came with jsvc to launch it?  If so,
starting is done with 'tomcat5 start' and shutdown with 'tomcat5 stop'.
If you fully installed this as a service by putting the tomcat5 script
in /etc/init.d, then a simple 'service tomcat5 start' will start and
'service tomcat5 stop' as root will stop it.

If you aren't using the tomcat5 script, take a look at it in the source
dist for how to stop tomcat.  I believe the script just does a kill on
the jsvc tomcat process.  Not the prettiest way of doing things, but it
works.

--David