tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.0 and JavaMail
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:34:41 GMT
<opinion>
  Don't get in the habit of putting jars in java_home/jre/lib/ext.
Those jars get loaded before everything and ugly version conflicts among
other problems show up.
</opinion>

I have a different take on your problem.  Are you using Tomcat 5.0.25?
If so, you may want to consider upgrading or just stealing
common/lib/naming-factory.jar from a 5.0.24 version of Tomcat.
org.apache.naming.factory.MailSessionFactory is missing from tomcat
5.0.25.  See this message from the archives:

http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg128258.html

--David