tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Tomcat 5, proxy and SSL accelerators
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 02:49:41 GMT
Hi all,

I have a tomcat server running behind an SSL accelerator. I have used
the proxyName and proxyPort config settings to make sure the real name
of the server is used by the web application, but I can find no way of
telling the web app that it is running on a secure server.

Our server sends its URL to another server as part of an information
exchange, and as this exchange is XML based and not done using a browser
using relative links or the base tag is not possible.

Our current hack is to reconstruct the URL, replacing http with https,
but it's really ugly.

Is there an elegant solution to this problem out there?

Regards,
Graham