tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Penhey <...@penhey.net>
Subject Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError - JNI
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 19:33:17 GMT
Josef Henryson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I get an UnsatisfiedLinkError when trying to System.loadLibrary("foo")
> from a class instantiated within a Servlet. The library libFoo.jnilib
> is in a folder within java.library.path and the class loading it is
> inside a JAR in $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib. Beside the JNI library is a
> native library libBar.dylib.
>
> I'm running Tomcat 5.0.25 on Mac OS X 10.3.4
>
> Here's the exception:
>
> UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> /Users/henryson/Library/Java/Extensions/libFoo.jnilib:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> /Users/henryson/Library/Java/Extensions/libFoo.jnilib:
>     at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1560)
>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1485)
>     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
>     at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834)
>
> I have tried loading the library from a small Java application outside
> the Tomcat server and it works fine when all classes/libraries are
> within the same folder.
>
> Of course I have searched for a solution on Google and I have also
> search old entries on this list (in an archive on a website) but there
> just don't seem to be a solution available out there... =(
>
> Anyone that have a clue? I would be VERY thankful =)
>
> Regards,
>
> Josef Henryson

Well given the fact that the JNI library works fine when in a stand
alone environment, it sounds like a load path problem.  I'm not sure
what OS X uses, but on unix it is the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or on Windows the
PATH.  Try and get the code to output the environment before it does the
load library call and make sure that the locations for all the dependant
libraries are there.

Hope that helps,
Tim