tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "alu, artifex" <apache-u...@artifex.co.at>
Subject Re: How can i restart/reload a webapplication from within a servlet ?
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:25:05 GMT

the tomcat distribution includes a manager webapplication which provides
the functionality of
starting, stopping and reloading specific web applications, take a look
at the source code of
this app to figure out how to achive such a behaviour. you may face some
problems when
the webapp tries to reload itself, imho this isnt possible. but you
could deploy the reloading servlet
into another webapp, that should do the job.

art