tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Hixson <>
Subject getting Tomcat 5.0 to serve static content
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 05:23:44 GMT
I'm using Tomcat 5.0.26 with JBoss 3.2.4.  I'm attempting to upgrade
from Tomcat 4.1.something that was included with JBoss 3.2.3.  I cannot
figure out how to configure a context so that Tomcat will serve files
from a specific directory.  The directory contains images and should be
accessible outside of any specific webapp.  The files are stored in
/usr/local/watermarks and the URLs to them need to look like
   <Context path="/watermarks" docBase="/usr/local/watermarks"/>
   I've read all the docs I could find on the Apache Tomcat site and
used Google to find examples and I cannot find anything that tells me
how to do this.  In the previous version of Tomcat I had put the above
<Context> element into
jboss-service.xml.  But in Tomcat 5.0 it looks like that has moved to
jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/server.xml.  When adding the <Context> element to
my server.xml I get a 404 and a description that says: The requested
resource (/watermarks/bar.jpg) is not available.
   Anyone know how I can get this to work?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message