tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Masood Reyhanei Hamedani <m_r_hamed...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: My first WebApplication
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:50:58 GMT
Sayeed
You must create a description for your servlet class in WEB-INF/web.xml.
Good Luck.

Sayeed <sayeed@sitara.com.pk> wrote:
Hi to all

Sir/Madam

Please help me someone regarding my first WebApplication (Servlet):

I created directories :
CATALINA_HOME\webapps\ch03\WEB-IN\classes\com\wrox\projsp\ch03\myfirstwebapp

Then into my sayeed class i starated with a first line as:

package com.wrox.projsp.ch03.myfirstwebapp
and other coding stuff.... for the java class..

I compile this java file (sayeed) and it compiled sucessfully and saved
into:
CATALINA_HOME\webapps\ch03\WEB-IN\classes\com\wrox\projsp\ch03\myfirstwebapp
\sayeed.class

Now after startup my tomcat server i put this into url browser which gives
error:

http://localhost:8080/ch03/servlet/com.wrox.projsp.ch03.myfirstwebapp.sayeed

the error is:

type Status report

message /ch03/servlet/com.wrox.projsp.ch03.myfirstwebapp.sayeed

description The requested resource
(/ch03/servlet/com.wrox.projsp.ch03.myfirstwebapp.sayeed) is not available.

Can anyone please help me?
thanx in advance

Saeed