tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tarini prasad dash <trn_pra...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject how to install and configure Tomcat latest version
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:40:11 GMT
hi all,
         i am new to Tomcat.when i went to jakarta site i found lot of compressed files(

   5.0.27 tar.gz PGP MD5
   5.0.27 zip PGP MD5
   5.0.27 exe PGP MD5
   5.0.27 Deployer zip PGP MD5
   5.0.27 Deployer tar.gz PGP MD5
   5.0.27 Embed zip PGP MD5
   5.0.27 Embed tar.gz PGP MD5

) to download.To Download shall i have to download all the files,or a single among them.if
a single is required ,then why a lot of option is here for a same version.i am having windows
2000.let me know which one will suit best to my OS,and what are the significance of others
compressed files.what is PGP and what is MD5.

can anybody help me to know the above......

Thanx

TariniPrasad