tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rishi Pande" <rpa...@vt.edu>
Subject NoClassDefFoundError
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:34:23 GMT
Hello,
	I am using tomcat 5.0.25. One of my jar web applications requires
the commons-logging.jar file. However, no matter where I put it (server/lib,
common/lib, shared/lib, webapps/app/WEB-INF/lib) I get a
NoClassDefFoundError. I am completely clueless about this.
	It would be great to hear any suggestions from the list.
		Rishi

Here's the stacktrace:
exception

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
	edu.vt.middleware.ldap.Ldap.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	edu.vt.middleware.ldap.ed.EdAuth.<init>(Unknown Source)

edu.vt.sakai.plugin.VTLdapAuthService.authenticateUser(VTLdapAuthService.jav
a:39)

org.sakaiproject.component.legacy.user.BaseUserDirectoryService.authenticate
(BaseUserDirectoryService.java:758)

org.sakaiproject.service.legacy.user.cover.UserDirectoryService.authenticate
(UserDirectoryService.java:177)

org.sakaiproject.component.framework.session.BaseUsageSessionService.loginSe
ssionUser(BaseUsageSessionService.java:235)

org.sakaiproject.service.framework.session.cover.UsageSessionService.loginSe
ssionUser(UsageSessionService.java:57)

org.jasig.portal.security.provider.SakaiUserSecurityContext.authenticate(Sak
aiUserSecurityContext.java:195)

org.jasig.portal.services.Authentication.authenticate(Authentication.java:10
4)
	org.jasig.portal.LoginServlet.doGet(LoginServlet.java:160)
	org.jasig.portal.LoginServlet.doPost(LoginServlet.java:127)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

org.sakaiproject.vm.ComponentServlet.service(ComponentServlet.java:75)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)