tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject in-WAR context.xml in 5.0.27
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:29:36 GMT

Has anyone noticed a problem with Tomcat deploying in-WAR context.xml
files in 5.0.27, compared to 5.0.18?  (OS = Fedora Core 1)   Bugzilla
report 29895 looks close but I can't quite tell.

Explanation:

I set "deployOnStartup=true" in server.xml, so apps are deployed when I
kick off Tomcat using the start script.

In 5.0.18, when I included META-INF/context.xml in a WAR file, said XML
file would be copied to:

	${CATALINA_BASE}/conf/{engine}/{host}/{somefile}.xml

In 5.0.27, the above is created but it's a *directory*.  The contents of
the context.xml inside the WAR file are ignored (or perhaps, not
loaded).  For example: any access logs (via AccessValve) aren't created,
and <Resource>s declared in context.xml aren't available.

If I manually copy my webapp's context.xml file to conf/{engine}/{host}
then everything works without a hitch under 5.0.27.

So, has it just been a long day and I've missed something? =) -or should
I proceed to Bugzilla? It'll be a few days before I can get to Tomcat's
source code and provide more assistance...

A stub WAR file that exhibits this behavior is available on request.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com