tomcat-users mailing list archives

From e..@swapsimple.com
Subject Re: application path/docBase property
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:00:41 GMT
On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 01:16:48PM -0400, Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> See Jacob Kjome's contributions to the log4j sandbox at
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/logging-log4j-sandbox/src/java/org/apa
> che/log4j/ (servlet and selector packages).  People have been using them
> in production for a long time now, all reporting success.  We will
> probably put it in log4j 1.3 proper (i.e. promote it from the sandbox,
> so it will be included in the default log4j distribution).

	hmm.. not much documentation on how to use it, but from what I could
gather it seems to set a property named <application path>.log.home.
That's not very useful when the application path isn't constant!
I suppose I can probably hard code it somewhere in that code.  More
trouble than I was hoping for, but it probably won't be too bad.

Thanks for the pointer.

eric