tomcat-users mailing list archives

From e..@swapsimple.com
Subject application path/docBase property
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:14:17 GMT

	I'm trying to find the property that corresponds to either the
application path (i.e. the path attribute of the Context element), or
the installed path (i.e. the docBase attribute).  I haven't had any luck
finding it.  Is there such a property?

	Specifically, what I am trying to do is have a application that can
be installed to an arbitrary path use a common log4j properties file
and have the logs go to an appropriate log file.  Right now I'm working
around the problem by generating the log4j properties file at build time,
but I'd prefer not to have to rebuild just to install to a new location.

e.g., I'd like to be able to do something like this:
log4j.appender.MYLOG.File=${catalina.home}/logs/${application.path}.log
or even:
log4j.appender.MYLOG.File=${application.path}/WEB-INF/logs/application.log

Any suggestions?

thanks,
eric