tomcat-users mailing list archives

From shiv juluru <shivjul...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with proper shutdown of tomcat
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:50:20 GMT
ya i am also agree with rruiz
if u getting problems like this ,use killall java in linux

Rodrigo Ruiz <rruiz@gridsystems.com> wrote:
Maybe you have some non-daemon threads running. This would prevent the
JVM from exiting. I would do the following:

- Once the java process is "frozen", ask it a thread stack dump (I do
not remember well, but I think in Linux you must send the process a QUIT
signal)
- In the trace you should see all threads still alive. Check if any of
them is yours. Such a thread could be the problem source.
- Sometimes converting the thread in a daemon is enough. Other times you
need to ensure a clean stop, in which case you could implement it
through a ServletContextListener.

HTH,
Rodrigo Ruiz