tomcat-users mailing list archives

From shiv juluru <>
Subject Re: Java Class is not compiling
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:12:41 GMT
give servlet.jar path to ur classpath ,that jar file may be in tomcat_root/common/lib folder

Sayeed <> wrote:Sir
I am new to Tomcat.
I am now making my first Servlet and trying to creat a class (sayeed).
It give me errors as under :

C:\Apache\Tomcat\webapps\ch03\myfirstwebapp>javac package javax.servlet.http does not exist
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;
^ package javax.servlet.http does not exist

Also another thing what is the PACKAGE which have to write in first line of
my servlet(sayeed):

package com.wrox.projsp.ch03.myfirstwebapp;

Can anyone please help me in detail. I have however downloaded Javax
directory from where this directory i have to put? i am using

Thanx in advance.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

Do you Yahoo!?