tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alberto Marino <a_marin...@yahoo.es>
Subject RE: redirect output in win 2000 from comandline
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:25:06 GMT
yes, but comand line open other cmd with Tomcat and I don´t know how redirect this cmd because
"startup" initialize automaticaly.

Jérôme_Duval <jerome@regitan.qc.ca> wrote:To redirect to a file put ">filename.extension"
System.err will still be in
your prompt window though. The only way you can redirect System.err is
programatically (look at the Java API in the System class (java.lang I
believe...))

-----Original Message-----
From: Alberto Marino [mailto:a_marino_c@yahoo.es]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 4:51 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: redirect output in win 2000 from comandline

I start Tomcat since comandline but how can I redirect this output from a
file in a comandline in win 2000?

"Ruth, Brice"
wrote:How are you starting Tomcat? If
you're starting tomcat from the cmdline, then it will send STDOUT && STDERR
to the console. If you're starting it as a service, then it should create
stdout.log and stderr.log in the TOMCAT_HOME/logs directory. If you're
running Tomcat from Eclipse, or other IDEs, then STDOUT && STDERR typically
get redirected to the IDE's console.

Caveat - if the Host in server.xml and/or your Context definition contain a
logging element, then most logging will get redirected to that log file, I
believe.

Alberto Marino wrote:

>Yes, I have files like "localhost_log.2004-07-24.txt" but this files don´t
show java output. For example, when you have in your code
"System.out.println(.....)" I don´t know where must see for the output. In
linux I know that there are a file like catalina.out that show this output
but in Windows 2000 I dont´t know.

>John Najarian wrote:I know mine is on XP but my friend runs on 2000.
>You should have an stdout.log & localhost_log...
>files in the Jakarta.../logs directory.
>
>Try doing a search under Jakarta... for files modified today. Perhaps
>you inadvertently put it in some other directory a& maybe under another
>name.

"localhost_log.2004-XX-XX.txt"
>files but not anyone
>
>"Ruth, Brice"
>wrote:There should be a logs directory in your TOMCAT_HOME directory
>... so, if you installed Tomcat to C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat\ -
>then look for a "logs" directory there. You'll find the same
>catalina.out file and catalina.err file there.
>
>Alberto Marino wrote:
>

>>Note: forwarded message attached.

>>--
>>
>>Nuevo Yahoo! Búsquedas

>>--
>>
>>Subject:
>>how I can to see the output in tomcat from windows 2000
>>From:
>>Alberto Marino
>>Date:
>>Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:57:17 +0200 (CEST)
>>To:
>>tomcat-user-info@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>>To:
>>tomcat-user-info@jakarta.apache.org
>>

>>Hi, I would like to know how I can to see the output in tomcat for
>>depure mi aplication. In linux I can see the catalina.out in /logs
>>directory but in Windows 2000 I don´t know.
>>
>>Please help me! Thanks.

>>--
>>
>>Nuevo Yahoo! Búsquedas

Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst