tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: what is the preferred way to instantiate MBeans at startup
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:46:34 GMT
On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 09:12:28PM +0200, Jerome Lacoste wrote:
: One simple way would be to register all my the MBean instances manually
: from a Servlet that would be ran at startup (load-on-startup), maybe

I can't speak for the MBeans, but I can say this: you can use a
ContextListener instead of a servlet+load-on-startup.

Some may argue this is more an aesthetic difference than anything else;
but at least you wouldn't use a servlet for something it wasn't meant to
do...

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net